Joanna Penn is an Award-nominated, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of thrillers under the penname J.F.Penn. She also writes non-fiction for authors. Her site, TheCreativePenn.com has been voted in the Top 100 sites for writers by Writer's Digest.
Recently, Joanna did a full review of ProWritingAid. In it, she covered:
- Why it's worth using an online writing tool as well as professional editors and proofreaders
- Grammar issues, passive writing
- Spelling issues – you can choose the country-specific spelling in settings
- Sentence length, sentence structure, overused words, repeated words, dialogue tags, clichés, and redundancies
- Fixing curly vs straight quotation marks
- Thesaurus and Word Explorer — for word nerds (like me!)
- Integration with Scrivener
- Emails and website copy within Chrome
- Why she thinks ProWritingAid is a better tool for writers than Grammarly
You can watch Joanna's full review here:
Not crazy about video?
Joanna's created a full transcript of her tutorial. You can read it here.