With our Firefox extension, you can get the power of our real-time spelling and grammar checker in Gmail, Google Docs, WhatsApp, and hundreds of other sites.
Get real-time writing suggestions everywhere you write online.
I am continually impressed with the positive input this program offers me every time I sit down to write. My skills have improved immensely since I bought it and heartily recommend it to anyone who wants to have more confidence in their own writing.
I’ve tried every free and paid writing/editing/grammar extension out there and this by far is the best one my team and I have found. It’s fast, accurate and really helps improve your writing beyond simple grammar suggestions.
ProWritingAid has been a resource in my writer toolkit for many years. The program helps me to craft and clarify my stories for a better reader experience. Your editor will thank you for making their job easier.
Click the button above, “Download for Firefox” to download the extension.
Go to the “Tools” menu, click “Add-ons and Themes.”
In the “Add-ons and Themes” window that opens, click the gear icon (⚙️) button in the upper right hand corner, click “Install Add-on from File.”
Navigate to where you downloaded the extension in Step 1 and open the file.
Click “Add” in the Firefox browser pop-up.
1. Open your Firefox web browser.
2. Click on the menu icon (three parallel bars) in the top left-hand corner of the browser.
3. Select the option “Add-ons and themes.“
4. Click on “Extension.“ You should then see a list of your add-ons, including our ProWritingAid web browser extension.
5. The slider next to the ProWritingAid extension, highlighted in blue, can be used to turn the add-in on or off. But if you’d prefer to delete the extension, press the “...“ button next to the slider and select the option to “Remove.“