Release Notes for v4.8 (12 Feb 2016)Enhancements:
- Word add-in. New overview reports added to give key readability stats.
- Cliche and Adverbs. Now broken down into inside and outside of dialogue.
Release Notes for v4.7 (20 May 2015)Enhancements:
- Grammar rules. New grammar and readability rules added.
Release Notes for v4.6 (18 Nov 2014)Enhancements:
- Bug fix to Word add-in. Word Add-In Version 1.1.67. Bug fix to the Word add-in so that reports disbaled in the main report can still be run individually.
Release Notes for v4.5 (13 Oct 2014)Enhancements:
- WriteMonkey Plugin. A plugin for WriteMonkey (the zen writing environment) to allow you to quickly transfer your text to ProWritingAid.
Release Notes for v4.4 (26 Jun 2014)Enhancements:
- Word Add-In Maintain Selection. Word Add-In Version 1.1.62 Offers an option to re-use the previous selection for an analysis.
Release Notes for v4.3 (26 Jun 2014)Enhancements:
- Word Add-In Standardization. Word Add-In Version 1.1.61 Standardize icons. Fix for Save-As hang.
Release Notes for v4.2 (28 May 2014)Enhancements:
- Word Add-In. Word Add-In Version 1.1.57 Remove actions on document save to stop hanging in some cases.
Release Notes for v4.1 (06 May 2014)Enhancements:
- Combo Report. Now you can combine multiple reports into one with the combo report.
- Report Running Configuration. Disable reports that you don't use so that your analysis runs faster.
Release Notes for v4.0 (23 Jan 2014)Enhancements:
- Plagiarism Checking. You can now check the originality of your text with ProWritingAid's online plagiarism checker. Available in Microsoft Word and online
- Eloquence Report. A new report designed to help you develop your use of stylistic writing techniques such as alliteration, epistrophe, and hendiadys.
Release Notes for v3.0 (25 Jun 2013)Enhancements:
- Re-design of the editor screen now in beta.
- Addition of the Paragraph Length report.
- Fix for the ' ' problem with the stick sentences report.
Release Notes for v2.1 (2 Nov 2012)Enhancements:
- New beta-reader functionality - now share your work with beta-readers easily, they can annotate your writing.
- New target measures added to the summary screen for sentence length.
- Improvements to the detection of hidden verbs, reduction of false positives.
Release Notes for v2.0 (13 Sep 2012)Enhancements:
- Major visual redesign of the website to make it easier to use.
- Users can signup in order to access advanced functionality. Membership is free.
- Ability to email writing analysis reports to yourself (must be a registered user).
- Collection of writing prompts added.
Release Notes for v1.9 (5 Sep 2012)Enhancements:
- New time-line report highlights all the time references in your writing.
- Hidden verbs added to the adverbs/passives report.
- Grammar report added back as a seperate button.
- Word Press Plugin allows you to easily use ProWritingAid from your Word Press blog.
Release Notes for v1.8 (21 Aug 2012)Enhancements:
- New sentiment report shows you a paragraph level analysis of the sentiment of your writing.
- New passive voice and adverbs report highlights usages of the passive voice and adverbs.
- Addition of writers' dictionary that provides information on hyphenation, collocation, sentiment, etc...
- Fix of bugs in the hyphenation report wehere em-dash not recognised.
- Improvements to cliche and redundancy recognition.
Release Notes for v1.7 (5 Jun 2012)Enhancements:
- Add grammar report
Release Notes for v1.6 (31 Mar 2012)Enhancements:
- Print button added to allow easy printing of individual reports
- More accurate syllable counting for the complex words report
- Frequent 2-word phrases now leave out "the (noun)" constructions
- Overused word report now doesn't highlight words that end in -ly that aren't adverbs
- Hyphenated words are not included in the complex word report
Release Notes for v1.5 (13 Mar 2012)Enhancements:
- Addition of alliteration analysis. Highlights alliterations in your text.
- The repeat words now includes more words. Only excludes 200 most common words in English.
- Redundancy analysis now finds redundancies within phrases, e.g. repeats itself once again
Release Notes for v1.4 (20 Feb 2012)Enhancements:
- Addition of a summary screen that shows you the results of your analysis at a clance
- New Sticky Sentences report - highlights sentences that contains lots of sticky words. Sticky words slow down your reader and are often not needed.
- New Abstract words report - highlights words that might be considered abstract.
- Better highlighting of repeated words and phrases - repeats highlighted in different colours so they are easier to see.
- Diction report extended to include simple word suggestions from the US Federal Government .
Release Notes for v1.3 (12 Feb 2012)Enhancements:
- New Complex words report - highlights words that with 4 or more syllables so you can easily see complex words
- Analysis never comes back - a problem with the diction report ment the analysis sometimes never returned. This has now been fixed.
Release Notes for v1.2 (10 Feb 2012)Enhancements:
- New Vague words report - highlights words that might be considered vague. e.g. "a lot", "deals with"
- New Diction report - highlights possible diction problems that may need to be addressed. e.g. double negatives,
- Improvements to the cliche finder. The cliche finder now finds more variants of a cliche. e.g. the apple of my eye will also find the apple of her eye, and living in an ivory tower would also find lived in an ivory towers and lives in an ivory tower.
- Addition of a sample report.