Articles about Scrivener
Here at ProWritingAid, we're geekily interested in writing tech, almost obsessively. And in honor of the upcoming NaNoWriMo, we thought we'd do a roundup of the apps we've reviewed over the years. Links to our full reviews are throughout.Read More »
I'm the guy you read about that works from any of the hundreds of sidewalk cafes in Buenos Aires, travels to Uruguay to wander the avenidas, fishes for Piranha in the Amazon, camps in Patagonia, watches the monkeys play in the rainforest and spends the night in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid's cabin in Bariloche.
And then I write about it.
I live the life that thousands of people say they want to live. Someone said if you want to be doing something in life, find someone who is doing it, and then do what they do. I want to peel back the veil and show you what I do.Read More »
As a writer, I’d heard about Scrivener from many of my peers, but for whatever reason (pure obstinance, probably), I stuck with my old word processing program. It wasn’t until about a year ago that I finally acquiesced and purchased Scrivener. I haven’t looked back!
If you’ve ever set up a binder to try to organize the various plans and ideas for your novel—or even just articles—you probably had sections to hold your character sketches, setting ideas, plot outline, and research. You may have had separate sections to contain each of your scenes and chapters. You might even have had a section that contained nothing but pictures clipped from magazines that sparked your imagination.Read More »
Search in Blog
- List of Cliches
- 10 Free Writing Apps and Tools
- 10 Websites to Help Improve Your Grammar
- How to use... The Sticky Sentence Report
- How to use... Readability Scores
- Writing App Reviews: A Comparison of the Best
- Grammar Rules You Should Ignore
- Why Every Heroine Does Not Need a Love Interest
- The 10 Writing Quotes that Shape My Writing Process
- How Stieg Larsson Kept his Readers Turning Pages
- 4 Writing Issues You are Probably Missing When You Self-Edit
- Becoming a Freelance Writer Can Be Easier Than You Think
- Fixing First Draft Problems: 6 questions to ask
- Getting Started with ProWritingAid’s Google Docs Add-on.
- The Myth of One and Done: Why you need to edit multiple times
- Exclamation Points Don’t Have to be Useless!
- 5 Principles of a Perfect Instagram Caption to Boost Sales
We love writing. ProWritingAid helps turn your writing into great writing. We publish articles about writing software, writing techniques and other useful information for writers. Subscribe to be notified of new articles.