Articles about redundancies
ProWritingAid analyzes your writing and presents its findings in 25 different reports. Each user will have their own writing strengths and weaknesses and so different reports will appeal to different people.
Remember, all the software can do is highlight potential pitfalls in your writing. It's up to you, the writer, to decide which suggestions work within your specific context, and which ones should be ignored.Read More »
Pleonasms are common in speech but should be avoided at all costs. Do you have what it takes to diagnose and eliminate them from your writing?Read More »
An editing tool checks for writing issues that go far beyond mere grammar problems.Read More »
Whenever you use a cliché, you are knowingly writing something unoriginal. Clichés are what you write when you don’t have the energy or inspiration to think of something new to say.
Writers often use clichés when they are working on their ﬁrst draft because thinking up original wording takes time and can interrupt creative ﬂow. That’s ﬁne. But, when you go back to edit, be creative and brainstorm for fresh ideas. A new analogy or metaphor will make much more of an impression on your readers than a dusty old cliché. A good writer may create and reject over a dozen images before ﬁnding the right one, so don’t worry if it takes you a while.Read More »
Search in Blog
- List of Clichés
- 10 Free Writing Apps and Tools
- 10 Websites to Help Improve Your Grammar
- 3 Awful Oxford Comma Bloopers
- Turn Your First Draft Into a Story Readers Love
- The Best Ever Mystery Novels
- Is Your Novel Idea Worth a Book?
- The Best Romance Novels Ever Written
- Changing Passive Voice to Active Voice
- 10 Podcasts Writers Should Be Listening To
- 11 Types of Queries that Win Writing Assignments
- Writing Can Be Therapy [Infographic]
- 3 Commonly Misused Words (And How to Use Them Correctly)
- Title Your Novel for Maximum Visibility
- How to Use the Dialogue Check
- Character Transformation: Change is in the Air
We love writing. ProWritingAid helps turn your writing into great writing. We publish articles about writing software, writing techniques and other useful information for writers. Subscribe to be notified of new articles.