Traveling, even that for work, enriches our lives and provides ample material for our writing. The key is to capture those moments without getting overwhelmed in the moment. Making timely notes means your writing will grow, as will your ability to reflect on the experience.Read More »
One year of ProWritingAid Premium is usually $50, but today you get two years for the same price!
ProWritingAid Premium users have access to all of our software integrations, including MS Word, GoogleDocs, Scrivener, Open Office, and Chrome, so that you can edit wherever you write.Read More »
This article explores the self-publishing route and, in particular, the steps if launching your novel on Amazon through Kindle Direct Publishing.Read More »
At ProWritingAid, we're all about technology that helps you write better. Novlr is an online writing app that helps you capture your thoughts simply and clearly in a clean, straightforward interface. In this article, writer Kathy Edens takes Novlr for a whirl, examining all of its features.Read More »
Whether you are a planner or a pants-er, if you haven’t checked out the Outline Your Novel program, you’re missing out. I spent hours with this software and have never felt a more powerful urge to create.Read More »
Acrolinx is an authoring and content optimization tool that combines terminology management, grammar checking and style checking. The key benefits of using an authoring system such as Acrolinx for your company are:Better customer experience of your contentFewer customer support calls Greater customer satisfactionLower costs for copyediting and translationFewer embarrassing errors in your documentationFaster time to market for your contentRead More »
Here at ProWritingAid, we're geekily interested in writing tech, almost obsessively. And in honor of the upcoming NaNoWriMo, we thought we'd do a roundup of the apps we've reviewed over the years. Links to our full reviews are throughout.Read More »
Everyone at ProWritingAid loves tech that helps us write better, faster, easier, etc. It's one reasons we get up every morning. When we stumbled across Beemgee and their amazing writing tool, we asked Kathy Edens to check it out for us.
Let's take a closer look at the Beemgee novel outlining and storytelling tool to see how it can help you develop compelling characters and an engaging plot.Read More »
Despite its marketing power and popularity, Instagram remains a question mark for writers. As people of words, not pictures, they aren't sure it makes sense to use this social media channel for exposure, recognition, and, more than that, business profits.Read More »
At ProWritingAid, we want our writers to be as successful as possible. And so, when we come across a potential opportunity for writers to make money, we check it out.
The folks at Contena got in touch recently and asked us to have a look at their new platform for freelance writers. Their mission is to help you launch your own freelance writing business.Read More »
Use ProWritingAid's Word Explorer to look at any word 14 different ways. Yes, it's true. Here's the list of ways you can check out any given word:
- Reverse Dictionary (this shows you words with your given word in their definition)
- Lists (lists of dated terms, ironic terms, often used terms)
- Alliteration (adjectives, adverbs, nouns, and verbs with the same letter or sound at the beginning or adjacent to your given word)
- Clichés (to help you avoid them)
- Spelling (good to know if you write frequently in American, British, and Australian English)
- Collocations (adjectives, adverbs, nouns, and verbs that come before or after your given word)
- Common Phrases (2-, 3-, 4-, and 5-word phrases using your given word)
- Commonly Possessed By (words that can own your given word)
- Anagrams (in case you need help)
- Examples (From books and quotes using your given word)
An editing tool checks for writing issues that go far beyond mere grammar problems.Read More »
The founders of Writers Helping Writers have created an innovative platform for writers to boost their creativity and enhance their skill set: One Stop For Writers. The creators call it the "library," and it's complete with an "Information Desk," "Thesaurus," "The Stacks," and more.
Whether this is your first rodeo and you need some entry level writing help, or you're an old hand and just want a fun way to plan your novel, One Stop For Writers has scads of resources, templates, online tools, and lessons to help you write the best novel yet.
We're going to cover just the highlights because it can take you days of roaming around the "library" to see and experience everything.Read More »
You may have noticed that we at ProWritingAid have a fondness for technology that makes writers better, stronger, more organized, and highly productive. If you like creating a storyboard for your novels, or if you want an innovative app to capture all of your to-do’s for your client work, let us introduce Trello.
For those of us who use sticky notes, index cards, and other forms of reminders to help you organize everything you need for a writing project, Trello is the easiest, most intuitive way to organize your work.Read More »
We’re obviously mad for technology at ProWritingAid, and there are so many apps, gadgets, and programs out there to help you finish your novel or write content for clients.
Here, in the sixth post of our Writing App Reviews… series, Kathy Eden checks out minimalist writing platform Write!.Read More »
Search in Blog
- List of Clichés
- 10 Free Writing Apps and Tools
- 10 Websites to Help Improve Your Grammar
- The Best Dystopian Novels of All Time
- Time Saving Tips for New Novelists
- 3 Awful Oxford Comma Bloopers
- Turn Your First Draft Into a Story Readers Love
- The Best Ever Mystery Novels
- Changing Passive Voice to Active Voice
- What are the 25 ProWritingAid Reports?
- Upcoming: Free Writing Workshop with Jerry Jenkins
- What is Content Marketing Anyway?
- Essential Reading: the Best Books of All Time in Each Genre
- Is Your Web Writing Ready for Conversational Search?
- Is Your Novel Idea Worth a Book?
- 22 Storytelling Techniques from Pixar
We love writing. ProWritingAid helps turn your writing into great writing. We publish articles about writing software, writing techniques and other useful information for writers. Subscribe to be notified of new articles.