The Overused Words Finder helps you find overused words in your writing. The manuscript editor compares the frequency of usage of certain commonly overused words to a selection of published fiction. The overused words are highlighted in your text for easy identification. But just remember this is just a guide sometimes the best writing come from ignoring this guidance. Just think of the famous: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness" some might say that 'was' is overused, but they would be wrong.Use The Overused Words Finder
Search in Blog
- List of Cliches
- 10 Free Writing Apps and Tools
- 10 Websites to Help Improve Your Grammar
- How to Write a Mind-Blowing Plot Twist Like Gone Girl
- Writing Characters & Making Decisions: "What Kind of Story Are You Telling?"
- Using Adverbs: An Easy Guide
- 7 Things We Can Learn From Jerry Seinfeld About Writing
- Which One of These 5 Deadly Self-Talk Lines Is Killing Your Writing Business?
- Our Favorite Facebook Groups for Writers
- Characters: Raise the Stakes to Make Readers Love 'Em or Hate 'Em
We love writing. ProWritingAid helps turn your writing into great writing. We publish articles about writing software, writing techniques and other useful information for writers. Subscribe to be notified of new articles.