Articles about readability scores
If you haven’t been using ProWritingAid’s Readability Report and Summary Report to take your work in progress (WIP) to the next level, you’re missing out. Your WIP might be an article you plan to post on Medium or it could be a 75,000 word manuscript of the next, great novel. And the Readability Report can make suggestions on how to make it sparkle and shine so it catches any reader’s eye.Read More »
You don't want to send an overworked and underpaid editor a manuscript with glaring grammar and punctuation errors. Especially if the editor decides whether your piece runs or not. Send in a poorly edited piece, and you will end up in the slush pile. No editor has time for drastic rewrites.Read More »
Consider the content on your website and in your blog posts, the product descriptions in your eCommerce store, your lead generation pieces, and your emails. Every word makes an impression on your customers and prospects. Small businesses with remote workers around the world don't have a brick-and-mortar shop. So the face you put forward in your content should represent your company well.Read More »
Great content needs to be more than just "pretty". It needs depth and insight. It needs to avoid purple prose not like the plague, but because it is the plague.Read More »
We all know that you can work for the greatest organization in the world, doing the most amazing things, but if your fundraising application is poorly written, you aren’t going to get the funds.
Here are 7 ways an editing tool can improve your writing and ultimately increase your bottom line.Read More »
We have just released the new (and much improved) ProWritingAid editing tool and we wanted to tell you a bit more about one new feature that we are particularly excited about.
What is it? A Summary Report is an all-in-one look at the statistics in your writing. Not just the basics like word count, sentences, and paragraphs, but it also points out the key actions you need to take to strengthen your writing.Read More »
Your ProWritingAid Summary Report will provide you with a variety of readability scores that have been calculated using some of the top tools out there. Each tool calculates their score in a slightly different way but the results should be within the same ballpark.
The Flesch Reading Ease Score is the most well-known readability test out there (even the US military use it to assess the readability of their technical manuals). It calculates the total number of words in each sentence, and then the total number of syllables in each word, and gives you two scores.Read More »
The Writing Style Check is one of the most popular and comprehensive reports that ProWritingAid offers. It highlights several areas of writing that should be revised to improve readability, including passive voice, overuse of adverbs, hidden verbs, overused words, clunky phrasing, repeated sentence starts, and more.Read More »
You wrote a novel! Well done. Reaching the NaNoWriMo goal of 50,000 words in a month is an impressive feat. So, now you can just sit back, put up your feet and wait for the publishers to come knocking.Read More »
Search in Blog
- List of Cliches
- 10 Free Writing Apps and Tools
- 10 Websites to Help Improve Your Grammar
- 10 Writing Issues that Your Grammar Checker is Missing
- How to Break the Rules of Fiction
- 4 Writing Issues You are Probably Missing When You Self-Edit
- Inventing Characters: A Character is What He Does, His Motives, and His Past
- Why Writers Must Use the Toilet Paper Test on Professional Content Topics
- Oops! Did You Forget to Launch Your Book? 4 Marketing Steps to Take Right Now
- Belief, Emotional Involvement, Clarity: What Every Character Needs
- Writing App Reviews: the Outlining Your Novel Workbook
- For a limited time: get a ProWritingAid and Outlining Your Novel software bundle.
- The Essential Reading List: Historical Fiction
- "-isms": How to Cover a Controversial Topic with Sensitivity
- How to Write Historical Fiction (without a history degree)
- Where Has Your Day Gone? 7 Time Management Tools for Writers
- How to Improve Your Style with ProWritingAid's Writing Style Report
We love writing. ProWritingAid helps turn your writing into great writing. We publish articles about writing software, writing techniques and other useful information for writers. Subscribe to be notified of new articles.