As someone who lives and runs a business in the UK and has travelled extensively in the US, I can tell you from first-hand experience that there’s a world of difference between the way Americans and Britons do things. And I’m not just talking about the fact that we drive on the ‘wrong’ side of the road (though, you know, obviously remember that if you decide to visit).
There’s the whole ‘s’ versus ‘z’ argument, the fact that we prefer spelling colour with a ‘u’ and gray with an ‘a’. And of course, let’s not forget about our penchant for the imperial system.
Grammar and measurements aside though, when it comes to marketing across the pond the differences are both vast and nuanced. We’re all speaking English, but that doesn’t mean it’s the same language.Read More »
We want our blog to be your first stop for any questions you have about writing. Our goal is to take complicated technical elements of writing and make them clear and easy to understand. We need your help coming up with topics. What have you always wondered? What do you find that people are always misunderstanding or getting wrong?Read More »
Search in Blog
- List of Cliches
- 10 Free Writing Apps and Tools
- 10 Websites to Help Improve Your Grammar
- How to use... The Sticky Sentence Report
- How to use... Readability Scores
- Writing App Reviews: A Comparison of the Best
- Grammar Rules You Should Ignore
- Why Every Heroine Does Not Need a Love Interest
- The 10 Writing Quotes that Shape My Writing Process
- How Stieg Larsson Kept his Readers Turning Pages
- How to Break the Rules of Fiction
- How Non-Chronological Writing Can Create Character Empathy
- 4 Writing Issues You are Probably Missing When You Self-Edit
- Becoming a Freelance Writer Can Be Easier Than You Think
- Fixing First Draft Problems: 6 questions to ask
- Getting Started with ProWritingAid’s Google Docs Add-on.
- The Myth of One and Done: Why you need to edit multiple times
We love writing. ProWritingAid helps turn your writing into great writing. We publish articles about writing software, writing techniques and other useful information for writers. Subscribe to be notified of new articles.