While journalism is collapsing, content marketing is thriving. If you already have strong writing and other journalistic skills, you definitely can master content marketing. Just learn these seven new skills before you make the leap.Read More »
As someone who lives and runs a business in the UK and has travelled extensively in the US, I can tell you from first-hand experience that there’s a world of difference between the way Americans and Britons do things. And I’m not just talking about the fact that we drive on the ‘wrong’ side of the road (though, you know, obviously remember that if you decide to visit).
There’s the whole ‘s’ versus ‘z’ argument, the fact that we prefer spelling colour with a ‘u’ and gray with an ‘a’. And of course, let’s not forget about our penchant for the imperial system.
Grammar and measurements aside though, when it comes to marketing across the pond the differences are both vast and nuanced. We’re all speaking English, but that doesn’t mean it’s the same language.Read More »
We want our blog to be your first stop for any questions you have about writing. Our goal is to take complicated technical elements of writing and make them clear and easy to understand. We need your help coming up with topics. What have you always wondered? What do you find that people are always misunderstanding or getting wrong?Read More »
Search in Blog
- List of Cliches
- 10 Free Writing Apps and Tools
- 10 Websites to Help Improve Your Grammar
- 10 Writing Issues that Your Grammar Checker is Missing
- How to Break the Rules of Fiction
- 4 Writing Issues You are Probably Missing When You Self-Edit
- Inventing Characters: A Character is What He Does, His Motives, and His Past
- Why Writers Must Use the Toilet Paper Test on Professional Content Topics
- Oops! Did You Forget to Launch Your Book? 4 Marketing Steps to Take Right Now
- Belief, Emotional Involvement, Clarity: What Every Character Needs
- Writing App Reviews: the Outlining Your Novel Workbook
- For a limited time: get a ProWritingAid and Outlining Your Novel software bundle.
- The Essential Reading List: Historical Fiction
- "-isms": How to Cover a Controversial Topic with Sensitivity
- How to Write Historical Fiction (without a history degree)
- Where Has Your Day Gone? 7 Time Management Tools for Writers
- How to Improve Your Style with ProWritingAid's Writing Style Report
We love writing. ProWritingAid helps turn your writing into great writing. We publish articles about writing software, writing techniques and other useful information for writers. Subscribe to be notified of new articles.